Monday, August 10, 2015

Potty Training

Potty training feels too big to write about...so maybe it's perfect for a Microblog Monday.

Dylan did something new last night. He peed in his car seat. :/ Then he pooped in his wet undies before I'd even changed them (while I was stripping his car seat). 

But he followed that up today with a legit poop in the potty.

Baby steps. (Overall he's doing well, but this is one of the hardest parenting milestones for me to deal with. Especially while moving...)


3 comments:

  1. We are right there with you. He will pee all day in the toilet...and then poop in his underwear. I'm so tired of cleaning up poop :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training was 100% one of the hardest things that I've EVER had to do as a parent. Holy hell! No one prepared me for how freaking HARD it is. I'm also a teacher, so began training once school let out in June (was 25 months) and I would say that it took a solid 3 months aka ALL of summer before I felt that it clicked. And I'm the kind of parent that's all or nothing, so he has in straight undies come June. There were lots (and lots and lots and lots) of accidents and lots of wanting rip my hair out, but here is a word of encouragement from someone who was in the trenches: It WILL click. We're all potty trained, right? :-) Good luck. Also: M&Ms. I'm not into external motivators, but when it comes to PTing bribe the hell out of him. :-)

    ReplyDelete