Monday, September 10, 2012

Exercise

I've been trying really hard to get into some kind of work out rhythm so that I can feel better about the weight gain and hopefully slow the arm and thigh expansion.

Since the last post I've:

  • gone on a 40 minute walk with a friend
  • done free arm weight rotations
  • walked a couple of miles with the dog, down and up the huge hill we live on
I still REALLY want to do yoga.  I'd like to get a DVD like many of you have suggested, but I honestly don't think my dog would allow me to do yoga successfully at home.  (The dog is KILLING me right now.  We did some training, but it's like it has evaporated.  Need so much more.)

So that means I need to find a class.  I know they exist around me.  I just need to do it.  Ok...I'm gonna go do it.  Back in a minute.

Ok.  It's booked!  

I actually found a bunch of options and the studio I picked caters entirely to moms, both prenatal and post.  They even have childcare.  Sounds cool!

I'm feeling so much better in general that I'm really not crazy tired while working out.  In the first tri I couldn't walk around the block without get winded.

I will keep you updated on my progress!  (And thanks for sharing your fears and ideas.)

5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. I'm kind of jealous how quickly you booked a yoga class, this is something I've been thinking about doing for ..oh, six years. :|

    I'll look online now, you've inspired me. I don't think I'll find anything as quickly as you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a workout DVD from amazon and signed back up for yoga. Which I'm excited about an my studio. They hvent seen me in months and I've missed them and yoga. Hopefully my doc gives me the ok next week since the perinatologist confirmed yesterday my hematoma is gone! Way to go you!!! I hope this gets you moving and energized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'm looking for classes too. Right now my regimine sounds a lot like yours. Walk 40 minutes, do arm weights with light lunges. 4x a week...so far I think it's helped me not gain too much more weight. I put on so much during the first tri that I needed to slow down considerably!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking into a class at the local YMCA for prenatal and postnatal. The only hangup right now is the time and the cost but I am thinking once harvest slows down I am going to do it. Good for you though, yoga always scared me lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, I've noticed some weight gain in my arms and thighs too :( Good for you for finding a yoga class! I used to take a class when we lived in MI and I loved it. I haven't found any near me that are both affordable and offer classes after work.

    ReplyDelete