Friday, August 16, 2013

Liebster Award and some very random facts

None of the posts I've been writing have made it to publishing.  Why?  I'm not really sure.  But I thought I might as well do a Q&A post to actually give you something to read.  I was first nominated for the Liebster Award a long time ago, November 28, 2011!  I can't believe I've been blogging that long.  And P at Handpicked Miracle was kind enough to nominate me again.  The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize small blogs with less than 200 readers.  See my picks at the end of the post.

Now for P's questions:
1. What is one place other than where you live now that you would love to live?
I would love to live so many different places!  Abroad.  The Pacific Northwest.  I would kind of even like to live in a big city like New York.  But I am very happy here in Southern California.

2. What is your favorite quote?
I hate favorites questions because I'm not a good decision-maker.  Currently, I love this one and chose one as the headline for Dylan's blog: "Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." -A.A. Milne

3. What is your favorite/most profound lesson that your preemie(s) have taught you?
It's really lessons about myself.  One, that I truly needed to stop everything to focus on being his parent.  I think that was really good for me.  And two, just how strong both myself and dh can be.  We came out of this experience shaken, but so much stronger.

4. If you could only eat one vegetable for the rest of your life what would it be?
Zucchini.

5. What was your most favorite vacation to date?
Our Honeymoon to Costa Rica was definitely the best, but I've taken some pretty awesome vacations: Australia, Europe, Hawaii, Cabo.  My two trips abroad were on my own though and it's much more fun travelling with someone!

6. If any animal could be domesticated safely, what would you want as a pet?
Either a panda or a tiger.  I've always loved pandas, but tiger's are pretty awesome.  

7. What book can you read over and over without getting tired of it?
I don't really re-read books.  I like to be surprised.  But for school I do read the same books year after year to teach them.  To Kill a Mockingbird never gets old.  Neither do Romeo and Juliet, A Tale of Two Cities, or The Kite Runner

8. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
I can't really remember.  How sad is that?  I know that I saw Argo while Dylan was still in the hospital and I know we've seen one movie since.  Maybe the last James Bond?  When did that come out?  (And I love going to the movies!  When we do have date nights, movies never seem to make the cut.)

9. How would you describe your fashion style?
Hmm...I'm somewhat youthful and on the edge of trendy.  I have to make sure not to wear things that my students wear.  In an outfit it would be skinny jeans, TOMS or sandals, and a loose top or  a v-neck with a longer cardigan.  Pretty simple and comfortable.

10. What sound irritates you?
A lot of sounds irritate me, but I can't think of one in particular at the moment.  I always tell my students not to sing in my classroom!  After being with 150 students all day, I like some quiet at home.

11. What is your favorite holiday?
I think Thanksgiving.  It's not as crazy as Christmas, but everyone gets together and there is good food.  But I also love summer...the 4th of July and fireworks!

and 11 random facts?  Dylan might wake up soon and I need to wash bottles.  Ok, super fast.
1 - I was born in the same city as Ashton Kutcher.  Look it up.
2 - Snickers make me happy (the chocolate kind).
3 - I was in the marching band in high school AND COLLEGE!  (I loved it.)
4 - I have a double major in English and Psychology. 
5 - I'm thinking about starting a PhD program...soon.  Crazy?
6 - I hate black olives.
7 - I am a really messy person and I fight it every day.
8 - I'm addicted to the Bachelor and Bachelorette (but not Bachelor Pad - glad they canceled it).
9 - I've been told by multiple people that I look like Nina Garcia.  Not sure if that's a compliment...
10 - I crack my fingers and toes.
11 - I have never lived more than 10 miles from the Pacific Ocean. 

AND....my nominees are: (if you've received it before, just play along!)
Non Sequiter Chica at Non Sequiter Chica
A Miracle in the Works at A Miracle in the Works (who originally nominated me!)
Mrs. Rochester at itsgonnahappen

Ugh.  I don't want to think of new questions.  Here goes:
1. What trait do you hope your kid(s) don't inherit?
2. What is your dream career?
3. What is your favorite chick flick?
4. What is your favorite TV series?
5. What kind of a blogger are you?  What's your blog-style?
6. Tell us a funny story from high school.
7. Where did you Honeymoon?
8. What is the last book you read?
9. What do you eat for dinner if you are home alone? (I eat cereal or PB&J, like a lazy child.)
10. Which blogger would like to go have drinks with?
11. What is currently stressing you out? 

DONE! Baby still asleep.  Now to disconnect the pump parts from my chest and wash some bottles.  I guess the shower can wait until the next nap.

1 comment: