Monday, January 26, 2015

#MicroblogMondays - It's going so fast!

Months ago, I was lamenting that Dylan was behind the curve on language. I was never extremely worried, but he was definitely on the very low side of average.

Now he's speaking in sentences all the time! It's amazing to watch him master new concepts. Right now he's working on answering questions with "Yes I ..." His default it "Yes I did."

Me: "Did you go to the park yesterday?"
D: "Yes I did."

Me: "Do you want more blueberries?"
D: "Yes I did."
Me: "Yes I do."
D: "Yes I do."

Then yesterday,
Me: "Are you excited to see Grandma?"
D: "Yes I am."

Whoa. He got it right!

He'll say things like "Mommy go get it." "There it is." "Right there."

When I ask him which book he wants to read he says, "Red Wagon" or "Ball Daisy" (A Ball for Daisy). He even remembers "Doctor Ted."

It's just all going so fast! And it's so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad he's catching up! My daughter likes to use "I don't want it!" And "I don't like it!" Such is the life of a 2-year-old, I guess.

    ReplyDelete