Monday, December 26, 2011

Resolution #1: Eliminate Baby-Brain.

This is the first in a series of New Year's Resolutions posts.  I'm not a big resolution-maker since I will break anything I'm not really determined to do.  These resolutions are different because I've been thinking about them for months.  Therefore, I think they are needed changes that will happen.

#1 - Stop Thinking about Babies!

I can't stop trying.  And I won't stop the medical interventions I've started.  So the trick is...how to stop thinking about it all the time.  I'm not totally preoccupied or overwhelmed with babies, but I'm right around a tipping point and I need to figure out how to step back a bit during the process.  I think it's going to take a multi-pronged approach.

Step 1 - Acupuncture



I'm SO excited for my first acupuncture appointment tomorrow!  (Although I probably shouldn't have looked up picture of needles in people's faces right before going.) I've been thinking about starting it for about a year, but I'm not great at just doing things...I just never looked into it and never made an appointment.  But I knew there was an office across from my RE and I figured they probably know a thing or two about infertility.

But I never wrote down the name, and was too lazy to look up my RE's address, so I just Yelped "Acupuncture Fertility" and found the most amazing place.  Two women run two offices that entirely specialize in acupuncture for infertility and they deal mostly with clients in IUI or IVF.  They even do treatments during embryo transfer for IVF.  Their reviews are fantastic.  They have extensive education in Eastern Medicine.  And I can't wait to check it out!  It's tomorrow so expect that post soon.  And...it just happens to be the place next to my RE.  Funny.

Step 2 - Charting Changes

When I was on BC, I never took the placebo pills.  I felt like it was my little "break" from having to take a pill every day of my life.  So when I get my period, I usually stop charting for a few days.  Lately those few days have turned into a full week or more.  And during that time I really feel more relaxed and removed from the baby-making.  So...

Each month I won't start charting until CD11 and the most important part and the much harder to stick to...I'm going to stop charting after I've confirmed O.  So about 3-4 days after my temp rise.

I do think this will be a little hard but I also think it will be great.  We'll see how many days I decide to go before testing this month, but I very much think it'll be close to 14.

Step 3 - Yoga



This one is last because I've been talking about wanting to do yoga more regularly forever now and it still hasn't happened.  I'm pretty determined though so I'm optimistic I can follow through.

I don't think it'll happen if I just hop around different studios' Groupon deals, so I'm looking for one studio in a convenient location, where I can buy a long-term membership.  There's a tiny studio right by my house that I want to find some reviews for or I might just do a big chain like CorePower.

I hold all of my stress in my muscles, my shoulders especially and I know that yoga will help immensely.

And that's it.  Those are my 3 Stop Thinking about Babies Steps.

I realize I did not say that I will stay off of all baby-related message boards, but I've been cutting down and I will keep trying to continue.  That one's NOT a resolution.

What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE acupuncture and SWEAR that it helped up get PG before we moved onto IVF. I hope that it works for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these resolutions are great!!! Yoga helps me SO much and I just know that it'll help you too.

    I can't wait to hear how your acupuncture goes! I looked at the website that you posted on WB for the clinic and it looks absolutely amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear how you like the acupuncture. I've been thinking about it myself. Also, I'm with you on the charting. Over the holiday I was pretty laxed about it since I was just getting over AF and it wasn't 'crucial' and I was toying with the idea of not temping after O is confirmed. It's worth one month of doing it and seeing how you feel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how acupuncture goes! I want to try before and after my IVF but I am scared... I have no idea why, I'm used to needles but eh!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kayla - I was pretty nervous too, but it was so quick. There were a couple of spots that kind of stung for a second and one that was uncomfortable for awhile but she warned me that it might be because of the spot. Its not too scary!

    ReplyDelete