Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Read Across America

Have you heard of Read Across America?  Well it's tomorrow!  Read Across America was created by the National Education Association to promote reading and it occurs on a very special day...

Dr. Seuss' Birthday!

Here's a nice quote to start us off:


My class is performing Daisy Head Maizie.  If you haven't read it, you should!  It's adorable.



This is my first year participating in RAA and I'm pretty excited!

I've loved Dr. Seuss since I first learned to read.  My all-time favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  I have vivid memories of checking out The Grinch at our neighborhood library when I was little.

There are some fantastic Seuss quotes out there.  I'll leave you with a few.


And finally,



Thank you Dr. Seuss : )


1 comment:

  1. I *love* Dr. Seuss! Have fun doing Read Across America tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete