I have given myself 2 shots so far and they went well!
For those of you that have not done injections. I want to give you a quick run-down of what giving injections means.
1) Gather supplies. (2 Bravelle, 1 Menopur, 1 Sodium Chloride, 1 Qcap, 1 syringe, 1 needle, 1 alcohol swab)
2) Pop tops of vials and swab with alcohol.
3) Get rid of big huge needle on syringe and put on Qcap. (Thank God!)
4) Get 1 ml Sodium Chloride, put in 1 vial of Bravelle. Swirl to mix (liquid with powder). Pull liquid back in syringe. Put all liquid in next Bravelle; then repeat with Menopur.
5) Swab skin with alcohol.
6) Pinch a chunk of skin. Insert meds.
You'd be amazed at how much trash there is each time!
The first time Mr. GG helped "supervise" to make sure I got everything right. Then he winced. Not me. When I inserted the needle. And asked me if it hurt while I was still giving it. Not super helpful.
I'm a little tired. And have a slight hangover feeling. But not bad. I can do this!
I don't have a whole lot to say...just wanted to update.